About State Street Global Advisors State Street Global Advisors is the 3rd largest asset manager globally entrusted with more than $2.8 trillion in assets. Our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress.
Our more than 2,800 clients are the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors. To help them achieve their financial goals we live our guiding principles each and every day:
- Start with rigor: We take a highly disciplined and risk-aware approach built on exhaustive research, careful analysis and market-tested experience to meet client needs. Rigor is behind every decision we make
- Build from breadth: Today's investment problems demand a breadth of capabilities. We build from a universe of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions
- Invest as stewards: We help our portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. As fiduciaries, we believe good stewardship is good investing
- Invent the future: We created the first ETF in the US and are pioneers in index, active, and ESG investing. Using data, insights and investment skill, we are always inventing new ways to invest
GA employs ~ 2,600 people globally in 17 countries, and has eleven investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Job Description Our indexing business (also known in the industry as Passive) is core to what we do: we are the 3rd largest index manager, with $1.9T of index assets under our care, across Equity, Fixed Income, in a variety of vehicles: SMAs, UCITS, ETF, Mutual Funds, CITs, etc.
In this newly created role, you will work with the Head of Strategy to re-imagine GA's Index operating model end-to-end. The goal of this initiative is to develop market-leading digital capabilities (based on the latest Cognitive Computing techniques) and enable GA to offer a significantly lower-cost offering to be more price-competitive and profitable. You will be part of a team of product, business, technology and re-engineering specialists to drive this transformation, and will work alongside a cross-functional team in the organization (operations, client service, investment strategists, portfolio managers, etc.).
What the job entails
- You will play a key role in developing a deep understanding of our processes
- You will play a key role in understanding how we deliver value to our client in our index business
- You will identify what's standard vs. bespoke, and what drive value for our clients
- You will design an end-state that relies on the latest digital, and re-engineering techniques
- You will pilot ideas with 50-100 clients and ultimately help the team develop the low cost offering
- You will find ways to expand your impact across GA
- You will serve as the key Subject Matter Expert for your area with senior audiences
- You will learn a perspective on the asset management industry, product/service trends, competitive landscape and client trends to help inform and challenge our strategy
- You have 7-10 years of experience leading large-scale implementation programs, or consulting, or financial services industry (asset management experience a plus),
- You have experience with re-engineering/lean/digital transformation of end-to-end journeys at scale, using multiple levers/ technologies in a cohesive way. Examples include setting up agile teams, digitization, advanced analytics, robotics, artificial intelligence, etc.
- You have a Bachelor's in quantitative/business discipline (though strong experience in-lieu is acceptable)
- You are a well-rounded communicator and can articulate complex matters in a simple manner
- You are a strong analytical thinker, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have a strong "entrepreneurial spirit" with the ability to work independently, and drive successful execution
- You work with well with teams, particularly ones that span different reporting lines, cut across multiple functions and geographies
- You build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external senior executives
- You have a strong work-ethic with ability to multi-task in a rapidly-changing environment
State Street Global Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.