- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Reconciliation Analyst has oversight of our outsourced recon vendor; is responsible for execution of the reconciliation process for client accounts that cannot be outsourced; and manages high priority exceptions requiring escalation with custodians. This individual will work with peers in Portfolio Accounting to continuously improve our accounting capabilities.
- Compare the results of transaction, position, market value exceptions escalated to Wellington and identifies the root cause of those exceptions
- Follow through on exception resolution with client custodians and internal Wellington teams for exceptions
- Develop robust knowledge of Wellington data, accounting practices and security representation and how these interact with external parties
- Periodically evaluate the recon vendor exception identification process and suggest improvements and changes that reduce risk and exception volume
- Be actively involved with IT to define and improve technology solutions, including participating in UAT
- Document running rules, procedures and establish policies for exception resolution with the recon vendor and/or the internal Wellington teams
- Assist in regulatory and audit queries
Remain flexible with own job responsibilities and help define the evolving roles within the team
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
- The successful candidate for this role must have a college degree and a minimum of 3-7 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in portfolio or fund accounting role. Other important qualifications and experience would include:
- Experience working with, and accounting for, derivatives and synthetic exposures, fixed income and a broad knowledge of capital markets
- Excel - look-up, pivot tables and if/else statements
- Inquisitive and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Exercises good business judgment and communicates effectively with peers
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage assignments with competing priorities
- Willingness to work both independently and as a member of a team
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .