- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
Evaluates, selects, and monitors a specific peer group of Fidelity and external funds. Contributes to the team's investment style and asset class research. Performs manager research to support buy/sell/hold recommendations on mutual funds and institutional strategies.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Designs, creates, and uses quantitative models and frameworks to make asset allocation recommendations within an asset class.
- Performs required analysis to identify promising funds, conduct thorough research, identify key performance drivers, and make appropriate recommendations to Portfolio Managers.
- Conducts sub-advised and SMA due diligence; and mandates creation and ongoing monitoring.
- Conducts asset class projects and thematic investment research.
- Publishes monthly and quarterly performance, risk, and positioning reports for US equity funds.
- Gathers critical data to monitor tactical and strategic positions held across the various asset allocation strategies.
- Monitors the US small and large cap investment universe and conduct product screening in order to identify potential new investment opportunities.
Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a closely related field and two (2) years of experience in the job offered or two (2) years of experience performing manager and intra-asset class research within a fund-of-fund and institutional fund environment.
Skills and Knowledge :
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") conducting cross-asset class and thematic investment research to support investment recommendations within a fund-of-fund environment).
- DE analyzing institutional manager performance within a US equity large cap and small/mid-cap universe to identify and screen for potential fund candidates.
- DE performing due diligence and performance analysis of portfolio managers within a US equity large-cap and small/mid-cap peer group, including qualitative analysis; leading meetings with portfolio managers to discuss portfolio strategy, investment philosophy, and investment process objectives; and performing quantitative analysis of mutual fund performance, risks, and holdings, using Bloomberg, FactSet, Stylus, Morningstar, and Style Research.
- DE developing economic and financial models to forecast asset class returns; and conducting sensitivity analysis to test the impact of macro events on returns.