Risk Assessment Analyst
Risk Assessment Analyst Department:
AML Compliance Location:
US-MA-Boston / NYC Regional Marketing Statement Our Company
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.47 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.42 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,510 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com. Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,510 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available at http://www.statestreet.com/about/careers/work-life.html.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The Risk Assessment Analyst will support the Risk Assessment Lead in conducting ongoing enterprise wide money laundering and sanctions risk assessments. The Risk Assessment Analyst will be responsible for the preparing the annual risk assessment in collaboration with key stakeholders including compliance and business partners, regulators, auditors, and other key constituents. Job Description Major Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education/ Certifications:
- Assist in the maintenance of various risk factor lists and their associated risk rating related to:
- Formation Legal Structures
- Global Stock Exchanges
- Global Regulators
- Products and Services (including Distribution Channels)
- Source of Wealth
- Purpose of Accounts
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an enhanced Money Laundering and Sanctions Risk Assessment methodology and assessment framework.
- Support the maintenance of detailed policies, methodologies, and procedures related to the money laundering and sanctions risk assessment process.
- Support the assessment of the inherent money laundering and sanctions risks and control effectiveness within the established framework to determine the residual risk.
- Support the ownership of the money laundering and sanctions enterprise risk assessment model by providing expertise, guidance and inputs to model development including revisions to keep the model current.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate college degree required; post-graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum 5-8 years related experience.
- Prior AML and Sanctions compliance and risk management experience.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience required.
- Professional certification such as CAMS, RMA, CFE, CPA, CIA, etc...
- Working knowledge of AML, OFAC, FinCEN, and KYC procedures and regulatory requirements including BSA and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, deadline environment.
- BSA/AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment experience is required.
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication.
- Capable of producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines.
- Able to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Qualified to collaborate with individuals across business units/lines.