Risk Intern, Strategic Advisers Inc.
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Risk Intern, Strategic Advisers Inc.
Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI) is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity's retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 20 years SAI has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity's investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With over $200 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third party investment vehicles, the SAI team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for over 550,000 customer accounts.
SAI's Quantitative Research group partners with the SAI investment teams to deliver superior risk-adjusted performance for the wide range of investment solutions delivered by SAI. Members of the quantitative research group either work directly within investment teams as embedded analysts or in the central quantitative research group.
The Risk Analyst Intern will work at the company's headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Risk Analyst Intern will work within SAI's quantitative research group and will partner with the investment teams to manage the risk of SAI's multi-asset class mandates. The Risk Analyst Intern will also work with our data operations and systems groups to implement best practices in investment risk management and portfolio construction processes.
• Analyze portfolio risk, including stress testing, and discuss with the investment teams any risk driven repositioning of portfolio positions and exposures
• Support the head of risk and partner with investment teams in the development of new analytical capabilities
• Evaluate risk platforms, models, implementation, and proxy methodology to ensure the risk management team delivers high quality results
• Currently enrolled in an MBA/MS program in relevant field (Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
• Strong academic record required
• Relevant prior internship experience preferred
• Strong Analytics background required
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Varied experience in investment risk management
• Strong communication skills required, in particular in regards to translating complex quantitative analysis into relevant and applicable investment research
• Knowledge of investment risk management best practices and systems required including Barra, RiskMetrics, BlackRock, Point, Bloomberg, FactSet etc
• Strong ability to think critically and proven record for investment risk management
• Multi-asset class knowledge preferred
• R, SQL skills preferred
The following standards are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
What is the application deadline?
March 1, 2018. Please note, it's possible that you will not receive a decision on your candidacy until after the application deadline has passed.At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want- from the 23 million people investing their life savings, to the 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits programs, to the 10,000 advisors and institutions needing innovative technology solutions to invest their clients' money. To do this well, as a privately held company, we place a high degree of value in nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to being an employer of choice. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.