Risk Management Lead, AVP
The Risk Management lead is part of State Street's Risk Solutions Team to lead regulation (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book "FRTB") driven, complex and cross-organizational projects from design and solution perspectives. The candidate works with primarily with Enterprise Risk Management "ERM"- Credit and Market Risk in Global Markets and other State Street functions including Finance, Legal, Operations, Business and Treasury to help drive activities to produce and update documentation of the rule interpretation and application (into State Street's product offerings), internal processes, data controls and strategy, periodic testing and validation of controls .
Specific duties include:
- Interpret FRTB rule for all applicable State Street product offerings and assess its impact on current Market Risk practices and calculations (both Front Office/Global Markets and ERM)
- Define FRTB adoption roadmap and execute on it ( Enhance Market Risk Processes and data)
- Develop reporting framework to design solutions for risk and regulatory processes ;
- Managing risk requirements for regulatory mandates such as fundamental review of trading book, data layout structures and data models;
- Subject matter expertise on risk and regulatory processes;
- Configure Murex platform for risk measure including instruments, market data and stresses.
- Exemplify a customer focused team driven mentality; serving as role model for colleagues, coach and motivate team members to meet milestones and to achieve goals
- Requires willingness to take ownership and initiative be accountable and proactive and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Education and experience requirement(s) :
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Finance, Data Science, Engineering, or a related technical field; and
- 8 years of experience in a Risk Management and associated data objects
- CFA or FRM is a plus
- Working experience in Murex trade booking or risk platform.
Special skills, knowledge :
- Subject matter expertise on existing market risk rules and applications
- Demonstrated experience dealing with various capital market products such as forwards, futures, options, fixed income products (various Bonds, IRS, cap/floor);
- Experience in Murex risk platform
- Proven skills of handling large volumes of data by understanding data transformation and data-modeling;
- Proven ability of placing a high value on accuracy, and is diligent about upholding control points and procedures in operational process development;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills; and
- Demonstrated knowledge reporting framework needed for finance risk and regulatory processes.