Sales Desk Manager
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
Within the Client Businesses Group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combine to make this effort successful and sustainable. These functions include relationship
Within the Client Businesses Group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combine to make this effort successful and sustainable. These functions include relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, product development and management.
We serve institutional and retail clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices and private banks. Further, we work to cultivate relationships with key distributors of our investment products, such as broker-dealers, banks, registered investment advisers, financial planners, insurance companies and building societies.
Alternative Investments, Cash Management, Financial Institutions, Global Consultant Relations, International, Institutional Product & Investment Communications, Private Client, Real Estate, Capital Markets, Pensions/Tax-Exempt, and Wealth Management are some of the key global product units, client business units, and global cross-channel teams that together form BlackRock’s premier Client Businesses Group.
As a Divisional Sales Desk Manager, you will lead a team of Outbound/Inbound Sales Professionals. In addition, you will partner with all levels of management across the US Retail Global Client Group to support sales goals and help drive strategic initiatives.
- Manage a team of Investment Professionals to generate results and work towards sales goals. Sales team primarily focused on advisors in the Independent Channel but may grow to other channels as team evolves.
- Leadership/Coaching of multiple roles within team. (Inbound, Internals, Hybrids)
- Provide on-going coaching, training and feedback to enhance the effectiveness of IMAs
- Collaborate and strategize with Sales desk leadership to implement and drive effective internal and external partnerships
- Foster and create an environment conducive to teamwork
- Conduct team meetings and discussions to facilitate idea sharing/best practices and improve sales acumen
- Assist in coordinating sales desk initiatives; including territory management, thematic selling and team effectiveness
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing of sales desk candidates
- Represent the sales desk through presentations and client meetings
- Minimal travel required
- Minimum 3 years of sales management experience preferred
- Leadership experience with proven ability to motivate team members in a sales capacity
- Ability to multitask and work under tight time constraints
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA, CIMA, CFP, CRPS, ARPC a plus)
- 5+ years relevant financial services experience preferred
- Series 24 will be required, in addition to Series 7 and 66
- Sales acumen and wholesaling experience preferred
- Good comprehension of the retail distribution process
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adopt and implement new technologies quickly
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Excellent listening and profiling skills
- Demonstrate understanding of capital markets across all facets
- Client focused with the ability to delegate responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Previous experience with financial analytics software (Morningstar, PSN, Zephyr, Coates, FI 360) a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.