Securities Finance Agency Lending Trader, Global Markets, Officer
State Street's Securities Finance (SF) division is functionally organized into three main areas - Business Development, Client Management and Trading - in addition to many support and management functions that span the three Securities Finance products: Agency Lending, Enhanced Custody (EC) and Alternative Financing Solutions (AFS). These products allow State Street clients to generate income, facilitate short sales or generate financing through the lending and borrowing of securities. The Agency Lending product is a long-established business and State Street is considered an industry leader in the agency lending space. Agency Lending is a $3.97 trillion global business that generates liquidity for global financial markets and additional yield for clients. Clients lend unutilized securities to a borrower in return for other securities or cash collateral and the borrower pays a basis point fee for the duration of the loan. The EC and AFS products are more recently established and are among the fastest growing products at State Street.
This role resides on the US Domestic Agency Lending desk. This group is responsible maximizing the return to lendable for all clients within the Agency Lending Program through pricing and distribution of assets and thereafter maintaining optimum trade rates throughout the lifecycle of the loan. Job Responsibilities
- Evaluate lending opportunities on a daily basis (from 7 am - 5 pm) by assessing supply/demand dynamic for all lendable assets
- Responsible for the distribution and pricing of all new and existing loans
- Responsible for meeting revenue targets and achieving optimal return to lendable assets for clients while managing within appropriate risk limits
- Maintain a strong knowledge of market trends and trading strategies that influence the lending market
- Proactively engage with subject matter experts to glean business and market knowledge
- Develop and maintain strong and diverse borrower relationships
- Evaluate collateral options in terms of both value and risk, and provide cash liquidity where applicable
- Innovate and explore ways to improve current systems and processes
- Liaise with Business Development, Client Management, Technology, Operations, and Risk
- Engage proactively with Business Risk Management team
- Comply and adhere to all global trading procedures
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a relevant role, preferably Securities Finance
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills; with the ability to interact with multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, experience in data mining and reporting extremely useful
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced trading environment
- High level of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Excel. Strong preference for experience in Python, Sequel or an equivalent programming language or a demonstrable willingness to learn.
- Keen interest in the US Equity markets and ability to articulate knowledge of current market conditions, trends and understanding of the fundamental and technical factors affecting the valuation of companies.