Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS Investment Management's Global Technology and Investment Operations group is seeking to hire a Security Associate for their Boston headquarters. You will act as a resource on the Information Security team responsible for the coordination, documentation, execution and effective, efficient support of related security practices to maintain the security posture at MFS. You will have familiarity with various technologies and an interest in information security and be an active participant and contributor in day-to-day security department activities. Principal Responsibilities
- Perform routine security work, under supervision, for the implementation and administration of departmental processes and procedures.
- Provide support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS security solutions.
- Collect and compile relevant data for report generation and analysis.
- Proactively develop and maintain knowledge of MFS security solutions and business processes to assist and contribute to the security of these solutions and processes as appropriate.
- Leverage technology to automate manual tasks, and seek to improve processes or identify efficiency gains wherever practicable and appropriate.
- Aid in the development of, and enforce and maintain MFS Global Security controls, procedures, and standards; may participate in audits and vendor due diligence, as necessary.
- Assist in performing security risk assessments to methodically analyze MFS information technology and business processes, assist with identifying risks from both a technical and business perspective, and recommends mitigation strategies to mitigate those risks to an acceptable level.
- Collaborates with other key stakeholders, and readily shares information to resolve problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related security or technical field.
- Awareness of fundamental concepts, frameworks and practices associated with administrative, technical and physical security controls (e.g., ISO 27002, Cobit, ITIL, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Familiarity with various technologies and platforms, such as Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, SAAS solutions), Windows Domains, Active Directory, Unix/Linux OS, Databases, Networking is a plus.
- Developing knowledge of project management concepts and able to manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously (e.g., identification, definition, prioritization, and time management)
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, writing, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as circumstances warrant.
- Demonstrates aptitude of flexibility, tolerance of ambiguity, and agility.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."