We are searching for a qualified senior accountant to be a strategic contributor to the mandate and overall success of the Accounting Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Our ideal candidate will have strong people management skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, time management, communication abilities and knowledge of accounting principles as well as a keen understanding of risk management through application of effective controls.
This position is responsible for handling a wide range of complex assignments to support the accounting and reporting requirements around mission critical and large Federal Reserve programs such as the Main Street Lending Program and the FedNow initiative.
1. Analyze and review accounting transactions to ensure compliance with the Feds Financial accounting manual, cost accounting manual and discretionary expenditure policies of the Federal Reserve Bank
2. Prepare and process complex general ledger entries, asset management transactions, capital accruals, and reconcile complex accounts
3. Maintain and advance the integrity of the Federal Reserve Banks internal control environment
4. Maintain a strong working knowledge of GAAP in areas such as leases, fixed assets, benefits accounting, financial statements disclosures, and other relevant areas
5. Prepare financial schedules and reports for management, as required
6. Assist in the year-end processes, including consolidated financial statement preparation, as required
7. Proactively respond to requests from management, internal and external auditors
8. Provide consultative and analytic support on complex accounting issues
9. Oversee the preparation, analysis and processing of accounting entries and perform daily general ledger loads and balancing
10. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accruals
11. Participate in system-wide workgroups, as assigned
12. Assist managers with system projects, such as testing and implementation of new applications and upgrades of existing applications. Support the ERP transformation of financial accounting applications onto a new ERP platform.
13. Provide training, assistance and guidance to departments on accounting applications and accounting policies
14. Work with the financial management shared services center to ensure invoices and expense reports are properly reviewed and approved
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to directly supervise others. However, the position may occasionally guide lower level accountants on assignments.
Knowledge and Experience
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.