Senior Business Systems Analyst
Act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals. Responsibilities
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively recommend technology solutions that best address the requirements. Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks, through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements. Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
- Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the Technology organization and manage all changes to the source documents. Facilitate walk-through of project deliverables. Assist with the development of the testing strategy plan.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project. Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most efficient and effective solutions to the business partners. Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project. Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Leverage technical knowledge and business acumen to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture. Prepare estimates of Business System Analyst work efforts for assigned projects.
- Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation. Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and Online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements.
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization. Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques. Use experience and knowledge to proactively mentor other analysts within the team.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Data orientated mind set with a excellent understanding of controls and risk mitigation.
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and risks as well as the Technology organizations systems and capabilities.
- Ability to effectively manage the test life cycle, ensuring user requirements are met and stakeholders are aligned with solution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Office, JIRA, AWS, SQL, BlackRock Aladdin, MS Visio, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry (e.g. broker-dealer, asset management, insurance, etc.).