Senior Data QA Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
This position is within our Client and Fund Technology team, which is focused on our client-facing technology. Our solutions are used not only by clients, but also by our Relationship Managers, Investment Directors, and Client Service Managers. The team uses off-the-shelf and proprietary solutions to create agile and robust solutions.
We are seeking a senior quality engineer with 5 plus years of experience, who can work closely with members of IT - system analysts and software engineers & business teams to define technical and functional testing requirements.
This role is part of the IT team that develops and supports client reporting solutions for our global Sales, Client Servicing, and Product Management teams. This role will be primarily focused on enabling our reporting outcomes like, ESG & sustainability initiatives, regulatory and historical reporting, and data analytics capabilities and large data and report migration projects.
- Collaborate with Systems Analysts and other QA resources to define and document test strategy, detailed test plans, and use and test cases
- Ensure requirements traceability throughout the systems development lifecycle
- Understand QA processes and systems development lifecycle methodologies
- Define QA Engineer best practices and preferred QA automation tools
- Leverage various testing approaches and work closely with engineers to review functional correctness and usability
- Work with business teams, project managers and systems analysts to review and qualify use cases, test cases, test data and plans
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Write and execute test plans and test cases
Applicants should possess the following:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 5+ years' experience in Quality Assurance
- 3+ years' experience in test automation scripts and test automation frameworks
- Understanding of Object-Oriented and data driven testing methodologies
- Experience with a variety of QA tools that includes but not limited to: HP Quality Center, FT/QTP, Defect Manager/Test Director, Silk suite, performance tools, defect tracking tools, code debug tools, etc.
- Experience with different facets of QA tests such as functional progression & regression, integration, performance, load, UAT, and operational readiness testing
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, high productivity environment while maintaining excellent working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the Financial Service industry; specifically, investment management systems expertise is a strong positive
- Strong understanding of Investment Management industry, with specific domain expertise in Reference Data
- Use of one of the following vendor reporting solutions: OBIEE, Tableau, or Jasper is a plus
Senior Data QA Engineer LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .