Senior Data & Reporting Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
This position is within our Client and Fund Technology team, which is focused on our client-facing technology. Our solutions are used not only by clients, but also by our Relationship Managers, Investment Directors, and Client Service Managers. The team uses off-the-shelf and proprietary solutions to create agile and robust solutions.
We are seeking a senior software engineer with 5 plus years of experience, who can work closely with members of Wellington's business users as well as other members of IT such as Business Analysts and QA engineers to implement solutions that meet business requirements.
This role is part of the IT team that supports client reporting solutions for our global Sales, Client Servicing, and Product Management teams. This role will be primarily focused on enabling our reporting outcomes like, ESG & sustainability initiatives, regulatory and historical reporting, and data analytics capabilities. In addition, the role supports highly customized homegrown solutions and vendor products.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, resulting in high-volume, low-latency applications with high-availability and performance.
- Work with business teams, project managers and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Participate in creation of new prototypes and develop new software components based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Author technical design and support documentation
Applicants should possess the following:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong understanding of SOA & Micro services. Developing Micro service using Spring / AWS technologies and deploying on AWS platforms.
- Significant experience in Java/J2EE & Spring framework, Restful API, Web services & Hibernate
- Significant hands-on experience with Web service, Spring MVC, Spring Boot and DB
- Technical proficiency with UNIX, PERL programming and PL/SQL
- Conversant in complex SQL queries, query optimization and tuning.
- Proficient in agile & DevOps model
- Experience with GIT/JIRA/Unit Testing/ CI & CD using Jenkins
- AWS Component Usage, Configurations and Deployment - Elasticsearch, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, API Gateway Service, Lambda
- Knowledge of Python programming to create AWS lambda functions for batch processing
Senior Data & Reporting Engineer LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .