Senior Equities Analyst, Healthcare
Loading... Sign In Career Opportunities: Senior Equity Analyst - Health Care (21743) Job Number 21743 - Posted 21/04/2020 - Investments - United States - Boston - Professional Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
The Analyst will perform bottom-up fundamental research within the health care sector with particular focus on pharmaceuticals & biotechnology as well as overall leadership of the sector with a more junior analyst covering health care equipment & services for the purpose of making buy and sell recommendation to portfolio managers across the US Equities platform.
- Maintain bottom-up research coverage on pharmaceuticals & biotechnology within the health care sector.
- Thought leadership on overall health care themes and sector positioning across the equity platform.
- Independently and thoughtfully conduct equity research.
- Generate, develop, and present new investment ideas as well as monitor current investments for all active US equity strategies along with the best ideas research portfolio.
- Build and maintain complete company models, create income statement and balance sheet forecasts, and perform valuation analysis.
- Apply economic value added (EVA) analysis and valuation to fundamental models.
- Convey information verbally and through written notes and reports such as industry reviews, company evaluation analyses, and quarterly company updates.
- Frequent and informal communication with portfolio managers on industry and stocks in their portfolios.
- Initiate and maintain contacts with company managements.
- Bachelors degree plus MBA and/or CFA, strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years of equity research experience.
- Medical or science experience preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of the pharmaceuticals & biotechnology and the overall health care sector.
- Strong fundamental analytical skills.
- Seasoned and proven judgment and thought process in the field of research.
- Consistent and strong investment performance.
- Advanced financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player mentality.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List Email this job to a friend The job has been sent to Job title: *Your email address: *Your friends email address: Message: *Confirm you are not a robot: Send Close without saving