Senior Finance Accounting Associate
44583 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
The Sr Associate – FAO Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting for firm’s FAO clients. This position will be responsible for adhering to accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position will need to work to tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end client tax and audit projects, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
The Sr Associate – FAO Accountant will have contact with clients and client contacts, including the client’s tax accountant and other professional service providers.
- Overall day-to-day management of financial reporting accuracy and on-time processing of client information
- Bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations
- Payroll reconciliations
- Review and approval of account classifications
- Review of G/L for any missing transactions and overall accuracy
- Management of weekly “Open Items” and “To-Be-Coded” lists, supervised/reviewed by the Controller
- Preparation of initial/draft Management Reporting Package each month, for completion by Controller
- New staff assigned “buddy” and orientation manager
- Manage the A/R, A/P and Payroll processes
- Routing of Sales Tax and other reports for preparation to appropriate parties within and outside the firm
Qualifications/Skills and Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Prior Accounting experience required that involved processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll. Experience preparing payroll and sales tax returns.
- Prior experience working with ERP accounting systems strongly preferred
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive ”can-do “approach
- A general and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area, and a general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14303 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Consulting Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
TC FAO Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14303 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Boston, MA US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Northeast Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Business Consulting/Technology Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
No ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing