Senior Functional Analyst – Workday Financials
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Senior Functional Analyst – Workday Financials
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
This position will be responsible for leading the delivery of system solutions and supporting our Workday platform- Financials, HCM, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, and Talent modules, with a primary emphasis on Financials. This position includes a combination of business/systems analysis and application support responsibilities. Functional knowledge of Finance and/or HR core business processes as well as strong systems analysis and support background, having demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies to solve business challenges is required. Strong understanding of the Workday security framework, as well as proven experience in creating complex dashboards and reports is required.
This position will be a "hands-on" role expected to support and maintain core configurations used across the application, security configuration, creation of calculated fields, and build/support of complex reports. The Senior Systems Analyst will also perform system analysis and documentation as it relates to new evolving requirements and enhancement requests. This role will be a liaison to IT Corporate Firm-wide Technology/ Development team and/or partner with vendors for resolution of complex issues, enhancements, and other technical support as required.
Daily activities and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform system administration tasks, including core setup data and cross functional configurations as determined appropriate
- Assist/support system security administration tasks, including configuration/maintenance at both the domain and business process levels, ensuring the alignment to appropriate security groups. This role will also create new user accounts, apply security roles as appropriate and perform/support quarterly audits.
- Provide end-user support; troubleshoot defects, bugs, and other system issues via research, testing, scenario re-creation. Recommending process or system workarounds where possible
- Responsible for developing reports and providing report administration for custom reports used by various users across the firm
- Ability to create reports and dashboards to support current and future business needs
- Monitor various system integrations for errors, and provide basic integration issue troubleshooting
- Define, analyze and document functional specifications for new evolving business requirements
- Lead, track and manage all process change requests and system enhancements working with business owners to set priorities
- Leads the testing for Workday semi-annual upgrades, including the development of test plans and other supporting documentation (i.e. scripts). Review release notes, assess new features and impacts to business processes and basic changes in functionality
- 5+ years' experience in a systems role supporting Corporate Financials (and/or HR) applications, possessing a strong knowledge base of core business processes
- Experience working with externally hosted and managed solutions is required
- 1-3 years of experience with the Workday financials platform is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, taking initiative and/or lead role as necessary
- The ability to manage multiple priorities is required as is professional maturity with regard to handling of confidential information
- Bachelor's degree required, a major in Computer Science, or related field is preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology required.
Senior Functional Analyst - Workday Financials
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .