Senior Portfolio Manager - Systematic Strategies
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2,000 people, including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage $494 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives.
The Systematic Strategies Team manages over $18 billion in retail and institutional equity assets. The strategies managed by the team include both US and international mandates, split into two categories based on investor risk preference. Disciplined strategies are actively managed with a higher tracking error, and Enhanced strategies have a lower tracking error and tighter risk constraints. In the US, our products span many capitalization and style (Core/Value/Growth) categories.
The quantitative research team supports Systematic Strategies by building, enhancing, and maintaining a suite of fundamentally driven, industry specific stock selection models using best-in-class data, quantitative methods, and model construction techniques. Collaboration with the centralized fundamental research team of analysts is one of our key differentiators. This helps us bring to our client's models that are grounded in economic and business fundamentals and portfolios that benefit from the discipline and risk management of a systematic process. Responsibilities
As a member of the Systematic Strategies team, the portfolio manager will be responsible for the management of a set of products within the Disciplined and/or Enhanced line of strategies. This includes portfolio monitoring and rebalancing, trading, client communications, and marketing. In addition, the individual will collaborate with the other portfolio managers in the team to:
• research opportunities to improve portfolio construction and risk management of all products
• keep abreast of the drivers of market and portfolio performance and share insights across the team
• work with the quantitative research team to help set direction for research and provide guidance for analyses as required
• design and develop new products, when appropriate, to address client requests or market needs
As a senior member of the team, the individual will mentor analysts, providing advice and opportunities for learning and growth. Required Qualifications
• 10+ years of experience in the financial industry with 7 or more years in systematic/quantitative portfolio management.
• Experience in research and implementation of quantitative signals and stock selection models.
• An advanced degree in business, finance, or another quantitative field (MBA, MS, or PhD).
• Solid understanding of quantitative financial mathematics.
• Steadfast commitment to ethical standards.
• Ability to work and contribute effectively both as a team player and individually.
• Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interface with clients, consultants, board members, and senior management. Preferred Qualifications
• CFA designation.
• Experience collaborating with fundamental research analysts and portfolio managers.
• Strong technical and programming skills.