Senior Reconciliations Specialist
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for:
Using discretion and judgment, the Senior Reconciliations Specialist assists in the day-to-day operations of the Asset Control Team. They are responsible for the daily cash and position reconciliation's of Institutional clients and retail mutual fund accounts, as well as the investigation and resolution of any resulting exception items. The Senior will work with an increased volume and complexity, assist management by serving as a knowledgeable resource for research and resolution of complex operational issues. The Senior will also be expected to manage special projects, assist with the review of daily and monthly reconciliations and providing general support to Assistant Manager. Principal Responsibilities:
- Reconciles cash and assets (including shares/par, market value, cost, etc.) between MFS and custodians on a daily basis, using software as appropriate.
- Researches all differences with custodian and resolves differences in a timely manner, with a focus on more complex accounts and issues, working with other areas of Global Investment Support, such as trade settlements, as appropriate.
- Ensures accuracy of system by working with the Global Client Administration team to update the portfolio accounting system daily for all appropriate adjustments.
- Assists Assistant Manager in reviewing daily and month-end reconciliations for accuracy, completeness and timeliness, assisting the Asset Controller's with resolution of exception items as necessary.
- Monitors foreign currency balances and overdrafts, assisting the team to ensure appropriate repatriation.
- Identifies potential risks, workflow inefficiencies and suggests improvements to Assistant Manager.
- Assists in developing, writing, implementing and auditing procedures and processes.
- Assists with user acceptance testing of new systems/processes/procedures, provides coverage as assigned and trains new employees on daily tasks.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience
- Preferred 3-5 years related experience
- Intermediate Excel skills essential
- Comprehensive understanding of investment products and investment operations will be useful
- Advanced CheckFree and Portfolio Accounting system skills desirable, along with SWIFT Messaging
- Experience in training new employees
- Exhibits independence and autonomous work habits (researches issues independently)
- Consistently resolves complex reconciling issues
- Regularly communicates with other departments (settlements, GCAT, CO-AC, etc) at MFS on ACT Teams behalf
- Assist other team members in meeting group deadlines
- Proactive in resolving ACT Team issues (strong team player)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication abilities
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.