Senior Software Engineer
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 09 Dec 18
Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Workday Integrations Engineer to contribute to a wide variety of strategic initiatives in the HCM and Financials areas. Wellington's Human Resources and Financials teams are updating and transforming their business processes and technology platforms in areas such as core HCM, benefits, compensation, recruiting, talent management, banking and settlement, general ledger, accounts payable, procurement, projects, and expense management.
The Integrations Engineer will be responsible for creating integration solutions and complex reports in Workday in both the HCM and Financials areas. The developer must be able to translate business requirements into technical specifications, develop and test prototypes and proactively maintain the components they develop once in production. The candidate must be a detail-oriented self-starter with excellent technical development, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Drive the design, development, testing and deployment of new integrations while maintaining existing integrations using Workday integration tools such as Studio, Core Connectors, and Document Transformation
- Troubleshoot integrations issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain Workday Dashboards, worklets, advanced and shared reports using Workday delivered tools
- Participate in Workday related projects building integrations to third party systems and banks, business process definitions, security, and creation of reports and web services using Workday proprietary reporting tools and BIRT
- Maintain tools and templates for each SaaS Release/Update
- Support Regression and Release Management
- Develop new reports or make changes to existing integrations as we continue to roll out new functionality
- Participate in Communities to remain connected with Cloud Computing/SaaS solution providers and customers
- Create and maintain appropriate technical specifications and support documentation
- Make recommendations on design and implementation approaches for solutions related to HCM, Financial, Security, System Architecture, and Interfaces
- At least 2-4 years of technical experience with global human resources and finance applications / implementations such as Workday HCM, Workday Financials, PeopleSoft or Oracle HR, Lawson HR. Preference will be given to Workday HCM and Workday Financials.
- Strong experience building integrations with third party systems in HR and Finance related domains, e.g. Payroll, Benefits, Talent, Recruiting, Banking and Settlement, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Procurement, Projects, Expense Management. Experience building and testing integrations with Workday Cloud Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Workday Cloud Connect, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) and Workday Studio will be preferred.
- Understanding of Integrated Development Environments (IDE) tools such as Eclipse and BIRT for report writing. Experience with Workday PRISM will be considered a strong plus.
- Understanding of web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, SAML, WSDL.
- Work experience transforming large data sets and formatting them to various outputs using XML and XSLT.
- Experience in designing reports and Data Extracts using RaaS and delivering them using FTP, SFTP or Web Services to external systems. BIRT and Jasper report development experience preferred.
- Experience deploying Workday functionality to mobile devices considered a strong plus
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborating across teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Full life cycle implementation or upgrade experience is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues and propose a solution.
- 2+ years integrating SaaS/Cloud-based ERP systems with other third-party service providers
- Bachelor Degree
Senior Software Engineer
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .