Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Senior Software Engineer (JAVA) Information Technology - Core Transactional Technology (IBOR)
KEYS TO THIS POSITION
- Technical: 2-5+ years of software engineering experience in Core Java related technologies.
- Financial Services is a plus, not a requirement. If from another industry must come from a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
The Core Transactional Technology team is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to work on the Investment Book Of Record (IBOR) platform. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing different components within the IBOR platform
At Wellington, our software engineers interact with business partners and analysts and are exposed to the latest industry tools and trends as well as innovative problem solving.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast-paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
- Technical design, implementation, deployment, and support of the IBOR platform.
- Partner with Business Analysts to review and implement business requirements
- Partner with Project Managers, Technical and QA Leads on estimates, statuses, identify issues and raise risks
- Partner with the Architecture team to ensure track work is aligned with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- Stay current with evolving financial industry and technical trends to ensure systems and team are of highest caliber
- 2 to 5+ years in systems development (hands-on) using Core Java and J2EE
- Strong knowledge and experience with message technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience developing high performance financial applications is a plus
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical production environment
- Strong analysis, design and modeling skills
- Knowledge of software development and testing methodologies and their effective application
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Computer Science degree or related field
Senior Software Engineer LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .