- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Research Data Analytics (RDA) team is responsible for turning Data Science into a recognized source of strength and competitive differentiator for the firm. The RDA team is focused on building both Content and Capabilities to empower all Wellington investors to extract the maximum value from data, to inform their investment decisions. The team is composed of an interdisciplinary mix of quantitative investors, data scientists, and systems engineers.
The RDA Information Delivery Team has an opening for a senior software engineer to work on and provide technical oversight of the implementation efforts to deliver alternative datasets to the business in support of investment decisions. Specifically, they will be responsible for the implementation of new datafeeds to the RDA data-lake and providing dashboards and data visualizations to business end-users. The individual will work closely with a number of teams both within IT and the Investment Science business teams to ensure expeditious successful delivery of high quality business solutions.
This is an ideal opportunity for an IT professional to apply business and technical skills to enable investment processes to become more effective. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing new data feeds and developing user friendly web interfaces to explore and interact with extremely large and complex datasets.
- Working directly with investors, researchers, and quants to gather requirements and rapidly prototype data layouts
- Oversee agile builds and deployment to production, and provide some operational support.
- Provide "data wrangling" of alternative dataset and datafeeds. These projects may involve web scraping and machine learning / AI approaches.
- The most critical skill on this team is to be an agile, self-motivated learner and willingness to take ownership of overseeing deliverables to business end users and working with other team members to design and deliver solutions, and resolve problems. The technologies used are cutting edge and evolve rapidly, and projects require close coordination between investors, data scientists, and technologists.
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS is desired.
- Experience working with any data visualization and processing tools such as R Shiny, Tableau, Bokeh, Jupyter Notebooks is favorable
- Knowledge and experience working with Hadoop, Spark, and SQL is a strong plus.
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Demonstrate previous ability to deliver high quality solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .