Senior Storage Engineer
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Senior Storage Engineer is a senior technical resource in Storage Management and is responsible for the implementation and effective and efficient maintenance of related technologies. In addition, this individual has broader knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate. The Senior Storage Engineer is responsible for leading implementation and troubleshooting efforts and aiding in design efforts. Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as senior subject matter resource in the field of Storage Management, maintaining a strong understanding of the field and its related technologies
- Provide technical support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS information systems.
- Proactively develop and maintain strong knowledge of MFS information systems and their related components, and makes recommendations to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these systems as appropriate.
- Leverage technology to automate manual tasks, and seek to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate. Recommends process improvements.
- Develop, enforce and maintain MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards.
- Receives broad goals and overall objectives from Management and assists in establishing and implementing the methods to attain them.
- Accountable for meeting assigned project objectives including timelines and budgeting. Works on most complex projects and provides innovative suggestions for solutions.
- Serve as technical mentor to other members of the team.
- Collaborates with other IT and business groups and readily shares information to resolve business problems.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related technical field with seven or more years of Information Technology experience.
- Experience with Cisco SAN Fabric Director Class Switch and DCNM.
- Thorough knowledge of Dell EMC Xtremio, RecoverPoint and Unity
- Strong knowledge of Dell EMC Data Domain and Veritas NetBackup Software.
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle models.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, writing and organizational skills; ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates solid financial skills.
- Strong SAN / NAS administration skills for daily monitoring and metric analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, build relationships, communicate, and negotiate well with members of team and senior management; makes effective presentations.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."