Senior UX Front-End Developer
State Street is building out a UX team that is revolutionizing the investment world. We seek a variety of UX practitioners that are passionate about their craft, from user research to UX designers at all levels, creative technologists, and more. At State Street, design is in our DNA.
State Street Alpha, the industry's first and only Front-to-Back Platform, gives clients access to the complete investment lifecycle with the power of choice. By streamlining and improving their day-to-day operations through a single open platform, clients are free to focus on innovation and growth.
The Alpha Platform Management Team is looking to hire a Sr. User Experience Developer. Key Responsibilities:
- Create high fidelity prototypes that explore early-stage design concepts, demonstrate solutions to key stakeholders, and assist in user research testing
- Help define a process for collaboration between front-end development and application development
- Help define a reusable component library and advocate for adoption in product development
- Help teams develop concepts for new products and features
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, researchers, and engineers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation
- Develop and maintain reusable toolkits, components, and plug-ins that support the prototyping process
- Write documentation on how to use or install prototypes, components, toolkits, and plug-ins
About the State Street AlphaSM Platform
- 7+ years designing and building prototypes of various resolutions at consumer-focused companies
- You consider yourself a hybrid designer/developer, technical designer, or design-minded developer
- You have experience with frameworks such as Angular, Ionic, Vue, jQuery, and web technologies such as Node.js, Git, Firebase, RESTful Services/APIs, etc.
- You have experience with design/prototyping tools such as Figma
- You have experience building prototypes that are powered by canned and real-time data
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of accountability who can work well both independently and collaboratively
- You are familiar with industry standards and trends in relation to UX prototyping and front-end development
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio is required.
State Street's AlphaSM platform is the first front-to-back investment servicing platform for Institutional and Wealth Managers globally. State Street and Charles River Development share a common focus on helping clients achieve better investment outcomes. By combining our back- and middle-office expertise with Charles River Development's complementary front-office tools and solutions, we aim to provide clients with a comprehensive servicing platform across the investment process, supported by deep enterprise data management and transaction management capabilities. Our interoperable platform will also enable clients to integrate and align their preferred systems utilizing State Street provided data, as well as access to liquidity, insights and infrastructure.