The software engineer will play an integral role in re-engineering and consolidating CTI Research capabilities to common cloud patterns and architecture. Also supporting and advancing data and compute infrastructure, environments and core API's that quantitative investment models, research, decision systems, and analytics are built on. A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments quickly while multi-tasking on more than one high-priority deliverable. The role will have to do daily/overnight support of critical processes as required. Responsibilities
- Understand the platforms, data, applications and workflow to ensure that the investment process is best empowered through the lens of highly reliable and performant systems.
- Contribute to project-based work while managing the on-demand workload of pro-active support.
- Collaborate with the engineering and the front office teams to integrate data quality and monitoring controls into designs and architecture.
- Actively participate in the code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications (including peer review and code review external to team).
- Unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to quality assurance. Quickly resolve all unit test issues. Assist quality assurance in identifying test cases and creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
- Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development technologies and methodologies. Provide input in the selection, implementation and use of development tools and best practices. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
- 5-7+ years of experience coding and/or designing in relevant programming languages (specific required languages will vary by position).
- 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications.
- Demonstrated experience coding and/or designing in multiple environments.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack developer or similar role
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
- Experience working with AWS services (e.g. S3, Glue, EC2, EKS, Athena,Lambda)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind