- DOE + Bonus
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 25 Jul 18 2018-07-25
Solution Architecture Consulting Position: Director Type of Position: Contract OR FullTime
Our client is a large global consulting firm. The North America Insurance Practice is seeking a Director level Consultant to join their growing team and deliver quality technical architecture solutions to the firm's insurance clients. This opportunity is based in Boston.
You must have significant experience providing consulting services to financial services institutions. You should have a deep knowledge of leading practices in financial services' operations and current work citations demonstrating strong value add and benefits delivery to clients. You must bring hands-on technical consulting experience on multiple digital and / or core platforms relevant to insurance clients. Digital platforms could include Salesforce, Pega or custom UI and microservices technologies and core platforms could include Guidewire, Duck Creek or similar technology areas. You should be able to lead project teams in medium and large-scale consulting engagements to assist the firm in implementing their technology strategies and delivering the firms services in a cost effective manner. Specific skills sets include the ability to analyze business requirements, evaluate solution architecture options and make recommendations. You must be able to drive the client's architects toward a solution approach and help kick off the implementation efforts. You should also be required to coordinate across various practices in the firm to pull together a pursuit and delivery team to drive the implementation effort. You will also be expected to guide and mentor junior architects and developers.
Working knowledge of Insurance functional domains (e.g. Claims, Underwriting, etc) is a must and deep domain knowledge is a big plus.
You must possess and utilize strong business development skills to identify opportunities, develop proposals and deliver engagements in the continuing effort to grow and develop the Practice. Experience and confidence in working with C-level executives and business unit managers is required. Communication skills are critical, including the ability to organize and present thoughts clearly and concisely (oral and written) into well constructed, easy to understand and meaningful reports, proposals and other communications.
You should be self-motivated, energetic, confident, thoughtful and respectful. You should be capable of independent work efforts, as well as leading working effectively. Mentoring and development of staff team is required.
Educations Required: Minimum of 4-year degree required, MBA preferred.
Year Experience Required: 10-12
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel 50%+ annually including longer-term out of town projects (3-6 Months)
- 5+ years consulting experience, major firm preferred
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including presentation skills, including the ability to be persuasive and influential
- Confident under pressure with strong desire to succeed
- Excellent analytical/ problem-solving skills
- Strong PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proactive, self-starter; ability to take initiative, multi-task, be resourceful and be productive within tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker while being detail oriented
- Strong executive presence
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Deep knowledge of insurance solutions and 1 or more digital and/or platforms. Prior or current hands-on delivery experience is highly desired.
- Ability to think in a conceptual basis (big picture), and also provide deep technical acumen depending on the situation.
- Ability to grasp and cope with new and unfamiliar technology areas depending on the client requirements
- Track record of executing large and small projects that delivered practical and implementable solutions
- Ability to develop, mentor and evaluate staff
- Demonstrated business development skills and experience building a consulting practice, including a strong contact network in the banking and financial services industry at the executive level
Additional Competences Desired
#1: Estimation methodologies for various solution segments
#2: Knowledge / experience with one or more leading edge technologies e.g. NLP, Machine Learning, Blockchain, RPA, etcInsurance Domain Expertise
#1: Insurance domain expertise in multiple areas e.g. UW, Claims, etc
#2: Any prior business process improvement experience is a plusGeneral Management Consulting
#1: Facilitating workshops and working sessions with technical and business architects