Sr. Manager, Contract Office
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is looking for a Sr. Manager, Contract Office to assist with the investment management agreements required for relationship intake and maintenance of institutional separate accounts. This position will work closely with the Head of the Contract Office and will assist with the review and approval of new business for Columbia's Global Institutional Distribution division. Responsibilities
• Review and analyze investment management contracts, investment guidelines, amendments and non-disclosure agreements, etc.
• Ensure that documentation, including investment management agreements, investment guidelines, fee schedules and material obligations for institutional accounts are vetted, approved and documented prior to account funding.
• Partner with key business leaders - legal, compliance, sales organization, finance, portfolio managers, performance measurement, and operations - to support the negotiation of contract terms and to create non-standard processes that ensure all interested parties are involved in decision making.
• Coordinate review and input from appropriate business leaders as needed to complete contract documents.
• Coordinate with other members of the Contract Office to ensure effective workflow, consistent process execution and unified approaches to work items.
• Lead and/or participate in process improvement projects for the Contract Office.
• Assist with legal reviews, produce management reporting and assist with document reviews.
• Analyze and document fee proposals.
• The implementation of processes, ongoing monitoring (including development of solutions to automate monitoring process), and maintenance of books and records.
• The Contract Office Manager is embedded in the line of business and is critical to the sound governance, administration and oversight of business activities. The primary responsibilities are the oversight and administration of Investment Management activities. Additional responsibilities will include the establishment and maintenance of internal control activities related to the administration process (i.e., Investment Management Agreements, Investment Guidelines and Fee Schedules). Required Qualifications
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience in the financial services industry.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Investment management industry experience including solid understanding of asset management and financial instruments.
• Knowledge of compliance responsibilities, including an internal control and risk management environment.
• A demonstrated track record of increasing responsibilities.
• Must be analytical and possess ability to interpret and apply regulations to administration of Investment Management Agreements.
• Must possess excellent communication skills; written, verbal, presentation and training.
• Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to change and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Working knowledge of the asset management industry, including an understanding of securities industry, distribution administration, sales practices and investments, specifically for separate accounts.