Technical Operations, AVP
GlobalLink is looking for an experienced engineer who can leverage their knowledge of systems and infrastructure to help provide a highly reliable and robust platform for our clients. As a member of the Technical Operations team, you will be involved in projects which will optimize our current services as well as work on building the next generation infrastructure to support new initiatives.
Successful candidates will have a broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology with the ability to quickly diagnose and remediate service issues. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic candidates who are self-motivated, conscientious and are able to drive projects from beginning to end.
- Execute Change Management tasks in Production, UAT and Development environments.
- Contribute towards on-going migration tasks in the areas of Maintainability, Performance, and High Availability.
- Monitor system performance and make recommendations on how to improve performance.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development teams in order to deliver a highly available and resilient system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to respond to and remediate availability incidents.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as automated and boring as possible.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of toolsExperience/Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience using one (or preferably more) of the following languages: Perl, Python, BASH, or Ruby.
- Strong familiarity with web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, Jetty)
- Experience supporting a production application stack.
- Intermediate knowledge of the networking stack - Load Balancing, DNS, TLS/SSL
- Experience administering continuous integration services and source control systems (Jenkins, Git, SVN, etc)
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, algorithms and software engineering (SDLC) practices.
- Experience with other languages (C, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Experience with running and troubleshooting Java applications.
- Experience with IBM MQ
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager