US Public Policy, VP
The U.S. Public Policy Relationship Manager is responsible for managing interactions with U.S. regulators, including the Federal Reserve, FDIC, SEC, and CFTC, in support of State Street's advocacy on regulatory and public policy priorities.
Duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute strategy for regulatory engagement, including engagement programs for senior executives;
- Identifying and communicating key themes for regulatory engagement across the organization;
- Understanding agency protocols, maintaining contact information, and tracking personnel changes at the agencies;
- Production of briefing materials for senior management;
- Coordinating with other State Street functions, including Legal and Compliance;
- Building relationships with peer firms in support of function.
Successful candidates will demonstrate sophisticated understanding of State Street's U.S. regulatory environment, show sensitivity to need to exercise discretion and sound judgement, and have strong written and oral communication skills. Direct experience with a U.S. regulator and/or familiarity with State Street's business model is highly desired. Familiarity with international regulatory bodies, such as the Basel Committee on Bank Supervision and IOSCO are also desirable.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required, as is at least five years of relevant experience.
Position is based in Boston, MA, but an alternative location in Washington, DC is a possible option.