Underwriting & Portfolio Management
Job Opportunity Underwriting & Portfolio Management Underwriting & Portfolio Management -2000573 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Underwriting & Portfolio Management manages a portfolio of complex and/or high dollar banking loan relationships, and routinely monitors them for risks inherent in a business loan portfolio.. The incumbent provides expertise in underwriting, structuring, servicing and documenting new and renewal credits. In addition, s/he is responsible for identifying, gathering and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, establish viability of sources of repayment and determine appropriate loan structures. The Associate, Underwriting & Portfolio Management performs servicing reviews and supports management of the assigned portfolio to identify and minimize risk to the organization. Provides quality customer service, including participation in joint calls on customers, as needed.
- Support management of the assigned portfolio of companies and the development of credit applications.
- Develop detailed corporate projection models based on bottoms up analysis of a borrower.
- Provide views on a borrower capacity to repay through an analysis of cash flow projections, collateral analysis and enterprise valuation.
- Analyze transaction structures, identifying strengths and weaknesses of a proposed structure; recommend risk mitigation options.
- Ability to understand complex corporate structures and recommend appropriate credit terms to ensure extensions of credit are in line with bank risk appetite.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements impacting lending.
- Present and defend credit recommendations to approval committee.
- Review and challenge business plans.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Maintain strong relationships with relationship managers and product teams.
- Keep informed of financial and market trends in the portfolio and analyze those trends for the effect they will have on the portfolio.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply. Qualifications
Job : Underwriting Primary Location : Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp Other Locations : Massachusetts-Andover-71 Main Street - 06348 - Andover-Main Street, Massachusetts-Worcester-446 Main Street - 06361 - Main Street-Corp, Rhode Island-East Providence-95 Amaral Street - 06359 - Santander Way, Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park, Rhode Island-Providence-One Financial Plaza - 06360 - One Financial Plaza, Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 06365 - Whittier Street-Corp Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Feb 6, 2020, 7:10:40 PM
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field or CFA Charter recommended.
- 3-8 years of working experience in financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management.
- Completion of bank-certified course in Credit Training.
- Comfortable in customer contact situations including escalations and potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge in financial modeling and able to assist RM's on how to structure the credit relationship.
- Demonstrated practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis.
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to organization.
- Knowledge of Federal banking regulations.
- Must demonstrate strong judgment and sound credit skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems.
- Skilled in proposing, negotiating and recommending credit and covenant structures.
- Solid knowledge of loan and related legal documents.
- Solid understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits contained within the group's portfolio.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAnalytics/Decision ScienceAnalytics/ReportingAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness Control OfficeBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsChrysler Capital SalesCollectionsCollege/InternshipsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceFraud ManagementHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegalLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsOperations StrategyOperations SupportOriginationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementQuality ControlRiskRisk ManagementSalesSantander Bank or NYB/SIS EmployeesSC SalesTWAUnderwriting
- Underwriting, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Underwriting, Town of Andover, Massachusetts, United States
- Underwriting, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
- Underwriting, East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Underwriting, Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
- Underwriting, Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Underwriting, Town of Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Town of Andover, Massachusetts, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Town of Framingham, Massachusetts, United States