Finance Manager / Senior Finance Manager
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Finance Manager, or Senior Finance Manager, Finance Operations and Analytics with exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills who is able to work independently. A professional who wants to be part of a growing organization and having a significant impact on the business. This is a highly visible position in the company. Seeking someone who can take the initiative and be truly accountable. Candidate will work very closely with the Sales Leaders and Sales Operations. This position is located in Burlington, Massachusetts. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Finance Manager/ Sr. Finance Manager- Financial Operations and Analytics you will
What we value
- Design and implement sales compensation plans that align with company objectives, motivate sales staff. and drive productive behavior
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, legal, and other internal functions on sales compensation transaction-related requirements
- Proactively work with Sales to optimize the deal structure for opportunities in accordance with accounting guidelines while optimizing the Company's revenue objectives and customer interests
- Attend Sales forecast calls and conduct deal review discussions to ensure a complete understanding of all elements of customer transactions
- Collaborate with Legal in the review of contracts and transaction documentation
- Manage and take ownership of the pricing model and continuously drive process improvement analysis and ongoing pricing analysis to support the Sales team
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding sales compensation (proven success building sales compensation plans, ideally for a SaaS company )
- Working Independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- True partnership
- SaaS company experience
- Financial Modeling and Revenue Recognition
About State Street What we do.
- A BA/BS degree is required in Finance or Accounting; MBA strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in finance including public company experience in a relevant industry
- Autonomously identify business risks and opportunities and create strategic and tactical recommendations using data driven analysis
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to summarize and present complex revenue transactions to cross functional teams
- Exceptional people lead and partner effectively cross-functionally.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers