Data Analyst - Data Services - Investment trading - Charles River Development Burlington Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Burlington-Massachusetts/Data-Analyst---Data-Services---Investment-trading---Charles-River-Development_R-632723/apply
About Charles River Data Service:
The Data Services Operations Team is responsible for running, maintaining, supporting and trouble-shooting the Data Service. As a Data Analyst, you will be an integral player in providing these key services to our clients. You will be expected to manage multiple technical initiatives and must be self-motivated, self-driven and results oriented.
- Analyze Client data requirements in equity and fixed income domain
- Data coverage analysis for new and existing clients to judge how good a fit is the Data Services for the client needs
- Ensure data integrity across multiple environments by effectively QAing key data points
- Validate SQL automation to improve data coverage
- Validate solutions/alerts to monitor raw data coming in from the vendors, identifying issues and providing accurate data to clients.
- Primary link between data vendors and clients
- Work on improving market reference, issuer, pricing data.
- Provide research and support on Level 1 and level 2 real time streaming data and the Charles River Investment Management product.
- Research and incorporation of new financial industry rules/regulations through SEC filings, working with data vendors and company reports
- Work with the development group to enhance data coverage on fixed income, equity and derivatives universe.
- Work as QA to locate troubleshoot and resolve data gaps/issues as and when new data vendors sign up with the team
- Work on research/mapping and support of fixed income analytics
- First line for client trouble reporting. Escalate as appropriate.
- Document client requests, issues and resolution
- Monitor new client requests to ensure priority fields are populated correctly
- Contribute to the evolving offerings of the Data Service
- Support future Data Service offerings
- Support On-Call Rotation
- Detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Requirements gathering, data analysis
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and ability to propose and implement solutions
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- In depth knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and building VBA Macros
- Knowledge of ETL Tools Kettle preferred
- Text Pad and/or other text manipulation tools
- SaaS as it relates to financial services
- Industry data vendors
- Fixed income and equity domain knowledge as it relates to front-office
- General investment data flows
Strong preference for:
- Financial services industry experience
- BS in Finance, MIS, CS, IT, Engineering or related fields
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-632723
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .