Lead Cloud Network Engineer - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
As the Lead Cloud Network Engineer you will drive the design and delivery of best in class cloud networking solutions based on public cloud platforms, providing expertise on cloud network services. Lead the network design, deployment and maintenance of public cloud architecture. Ensure operational integrity for enterprise class zero down time networks. Bring broad knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies, technology trends. Work closely with Product and Information Security teams on the network design improvements, development, and operation of secure online services. Have to be innovative to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation.
Your responsibilities include partnering with development teams and successfully engineering the design of cloud solutions, hardening and releasing cloud services for the customers. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
As Lead Cloud Network Engineer you will
What we value
- Hands on working experience with Azure networking
- Deep knowledge in Cloud networking and hybrid connectivity with expertise in BGP and SD-WAN solutions as well as Azure networking services such as Express Route
- Edge and cloud networking with background in B2B as well as B2C application deployment.
- Experience working with highly segmented networks in public and private clouds.
- Experience designing networks or systems for high availability, security, manageability, and reliability.
- Deep technical knowledge of network or systems security infrastructure, such as network or host-based firewalls, IDS, IPS, proxy servers, tap.
- Strong networking knowledge in: IP routing, MPLS, VPLS, L2/L3 VPNs and QoS.
- Extensive expertise with general firewall configuration and support, including IPSec VPN configuration and troubleshooting. Experience with Cisco ASAs strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with load balancing appliances and software.
- Experience with F5 and Citrix NetScaler preferred.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong understanding of network best practices for securing online applications.
- Strong experience in network traffic monitoring, analysis, packet capture, and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience engineering network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with DDI tools[DNS,DHCP,IPAM]
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Assist in defining/implementing cloud first, cloud native engineering practice for the platform.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of overall experience in complex network environments
- Azure or Network certification preferred
- Must have a good understanding on cloud technologies and 5+ years hands-on experience.
- Experience working in Windows & Linux environment
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- An innovative approach to work, constantly looking to upgrade the system to more efficient and effective new technologies and processes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers