MBA Product Specialist Intern, Charles River Development, Intern
MBA Product Specialist Intern, Charles River Development, Intern Who we are looking for:
The Product Management Intern will become a Charles River product expert and help to ensure that our software products effectively aid our end users with their trading and front office workflows. In consultation with our financial industry clients and internal product teams, the intern will utilize business and technical knowledge to improve product performance and competitive advantages. This will be a project-based internship with a customized workload. The intern will report directly to a product owner, and will work in consultation with internal software development and product teams to ensure timely and effective project completion. This intern will have involvement in all aspects of the software product development lifecycle. The Product Management Intern will work within a specific module of the product and several instrument types; including but not limited to equity, fixed income, derivatives, FX, etc. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As MBA Product Specialist Intern you will
What we value
- Research and produce business and technical requirement documents
- Provide product expertise support to various internal parties to ensure the product meets customer expectations
- Work directly with customers and product management team to gather product requirements and develop feature specification
- Partner with development to help develop, implement and refine features
- Plan and schedule validation tasks; provide hands-on manual tests and develop verification plans and processes
- Provide feedback on product performance
- Review documentation to ensure accurate and complete documentation
- Provide client beta testing support and train personnel on capabilities of new product releases
- Assist with the management of project schedules and deliverables
- Assist implementation and support to resolve escalated client issues
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills
- Advanced writing skills, including the ability to abstract/summarize highly detailed information
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to reconcile conflicting data
- Ability to translate customer business needs into application requirements
- Strong technical background
- Demonstrated experience and/or training with finance and financial concepts
- Possess a strong ability to deliver against specific requirement in a timely fashion on a project by project basis
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
About State Street What we do.
- Enrollment in a graduate MBA program in the field of Finance, Business Strategy or Product Management or a Masters' program in the field of Mathematical or Computational Finance
- 0- 3 years of work experience in a relevant area
- Experience with financial software such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Refintiv (Reuters) etc.
- Experience with trading software preferred, institutional platforms and algorithmic trading technologies highly preferred
- Software development lifecycle experience, Agile methodology preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers