Manager of Cloud Operations - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development, a State Street Company, is seeking a n energetic, driven leader to manage a critical Operations team s . The Systems and Cloud Operations team is responsible for the administration and daily operation of critical infrastructure systems that support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments in both hosted and cloud datacenter environment s. This is a highly visible role primarily responsible for coordinating and prioritizing incoming work streams to ensure service levels are met. The successful candidate will be adept at managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Manager of Cloud Operations you will:
What we value
- Manage and prioritize work assignments for a global ly dispersed team
- Own, drive, and report on KPIs for team performance .
- Provide regular feedback on performance and develop skills of team members.
- Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key support vendors to ensure alignment with corporate objectives.
- Maintain on-call schedules to ensure 24x7 coverage.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical stan dards, policies, and procedures to ensure performance, availability, scalability, and security requirements are met.
- Participate in periodic weekend maintenance activities.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of detailed procedural documentation and diagrams.
- Be able to identify opportunities and implement process changes in support of continuous improvement.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, or Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing a technical team of 6+ members using ServiceNow , SalesForce , Jira, or similar case management tools.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supporting 24x7 mission critical production environments running on Microsoft platforms .
- Deep knowledge of IT operations
- Must be detail oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be an aggressive self-starter
- Candidates with any of the following experience will be preferred:
- Service desk or project management
- SCRUM or Kanban
- Understanding of DevOps and automation tools such as PowerShell, Ansible , Puppet, Git
- Relevant industry certifications such as PMP, CISSP
- Experience working MS Azure or AWS
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers