Senior Cloud Platform Engineer, Azure Infrastructure - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development and State Street Alpha are looking for an experienced Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer of Infrastructure who will lead the engineering, architecture and design of our SaaS Cloud platform. In this role you will interface with engineering teams, product management, business units and customers to define and deliver robust, scalable and agile architectures in support of the rapidly growing product capabilities. You will lead teams to plan, design, build and participate in deploying enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures in the Azure Public Cloud. This role focuses on the architecture of the foundational cloud infrastructure, shared services, and DevOps processes and tooling that will underpin the next generation platform. This includes storage, compute, networking and services deployed across the globe and with a strong, forward-looking security architecture for a growing range of compliance standards. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
As a Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer, Infrastructure you will
What we value
- Lead Cloud Platform Engineering for a technical domain or initiative, working with multiple scrum teams, engineering managers and architects to deliver a well-architected, principled technology platform.
- Deep knowledge and hands on implementation experience on Azure Infrastructure and networking.
- Hands on scripting with Infrastructure As Code using ARM , Terraform
- Own the design/implementation/execution of the next gen cloud platform
- Design cloud platform solutions honoring cloud native principles
- Hands on experience designing and engineering Azure services
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale solutions.
- Keeping Azure enterprise level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services in scope , you lead designing, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and AI manner
- Perform technology investigations to develop and maintain the knowledge base of current leading edge and developing technologies with the goal of using the knowledge to identify emerging business opportunities and in support of existing business programs.
- Be the liaison with project teams on cloud technologies and solutions
- Communicate Architecture guidelines and technical details to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead efforts of virtual teams. Understand regional cultural considerations and forms tight working relationships.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Expected to learn new technologies and continue to expand expertise
- Participates in Innovation activities by commenting and generating ideas and leading a team which can be multisite.
- Become a go to person for Cloud Design and Engineering. Should have a basic understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts and on-going production operations. Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Provide thought leadership on cloud platform technology use, design and implementation
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Analytical field required, Master's preferred
- At least 10+ years of hands-on technology experience
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies and services.
- Working experience with global azure deployments.
- Working experience with highly segmented networks in public and private clouds.
- Working experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies in Azure
- Prior enterprise cloud architecture/design experience a huge plus.
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- An innovative approach to work, constantly looking to upgrade the system to more efficient and effective new technologies and processes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers