Senior Product Specialist
- What we are looking for:
A Senior Product Specialist (QA) with 5+ years of experience in software testing in a process driven and fast-paced environment. Recent experience must include hands-on testing, creating test cases, scripts, use of automated tools, testing client/server applications. Someone with strong ability to translate business requirements to technical testing solutions, and having extensive experience in full cycle testing including functional testing, system testing, integration testing, performance and stress testing.
Why this job is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Create comprehensive test plans with well-defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specification documents.
- Execute software testing to include functional testing, system testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Create and maintain automated test script libraries for functional regression testing.
- Document software defects in an issues tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members.
- Participate in business requirements and functional specifications reviews early in the software development lifecycle process.
- Manage scheduling to ensure efficient and effective product testing; identify and report risks to project schedule and product quality and propose new methods to control and/or mitigate risks.
- Participate in daily standup to report progress status to Scrum Lead and project team members.
- Provide testing leadership for the projects assigned to.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills
- Experience in knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing
- Experience in all phases of software application design, development and testing.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with financial software testing
- Manual and automated testing experience
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years' experience
About State Street
What we do: State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow: We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers