Sr. Software Engineer (C# or Java) - Order Management Team - Charles River Development
Senior Software Engineer (C# or Java) - Order Management Team - Charles River Development Job Description:
The Order Management team develops core functionality for the Trading department. The features related to core order management are used by most of our customer base and the functionality has to perform very well in a highly transactional environment. Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn moderately complex business requirements into working and sustainable software.
- Provide thought leadership in the design of product architecture within the team's scope of responsibility.
- Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process.
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 6 to 10 years of solid design and development experience in Java/J2EE or C#/Net/WinForms/WPF technology stacks. Knowledge of both technologies is preferable but a solid understanding in one of them is a must.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in w orking in a highly transactional and scalable environment. Writing complicated SQLs and optimizing badly performing queries. Designing and developing DB triggers, Indexes , Tables and other database objects.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired.
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired.
- Cloud based technologies development experience is strongly desired.
- Ability to program complex algorithms that are highly performant using advanced data structures.
- Ability to write multithreaded code in a highly concurrent environment.
- Strong in Objected Oriented design and development.
- Web service and XML based application development.
- Able to work on medium to large projects with no supervision and on more complex tasks with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment.