Team Lead - Engineering - Charles River Development
Team Lead - Engineering - Charles River Development Who we are looking for
Charles River Development (CRD) based out of the Burlington (MA) office is hiring a Team Lead to join our well-established group and help drive product development initiatives.
This role will guide the development of the Central Workbench and Model Management suite, key products in the Charles River Wealth Management solution. As a command center dashboard, Central Workbench lets Wealth Managers efficiently scale their business by managing of hundreds of thousands of accounts with advanced rebalancing, model management, and dataset drill-down capability. The Model Management suite provides clients with model creation, editing, and administration tools. You'll be delivering software performance and scalability that drives the next generation of Wealth Management services in the industry. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
• Direct management of a team of 5 to 10 software development and QA engineers in an Agile Scrum team environment.
• Work closely with the Product Owner and others on requirements, project management, and scheduling.
• Contribute code changes to the Charles River IMS in C#, Java, and SQL.
• Maintain and enhance code quality practice through unit testing, code reviews, and code security guidelines
• Provide expert level troubleshooting on large, mission critical client implementations
• Assist in attracting top-level technical resources.
• Provide mentoring to technical staff of all levels.
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment What we value
• Demonstrated ability to provide vision and direction to an engineering team.
• Architect-level technical experience in GUI design and object-oriented server-side development.
• Strong ability to debug multi-tier, highly multi-threaded, transactional code.
• Experience with software profilers, network sniffers, and APM tools to monitor and improve software performance.
• Delivery experience as a key contributor managing, developing, and supporting commercial software products sold to non-technical customers in a vertical market. Experience developing software for financial markets a very strong plus.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector. Education & Preferred Qualifications
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field. Additional requirements
• 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions.
• 7+ years of professional C# development experience, additional experience with Java is a plus.
• 5+ years SQL development experience in Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server with specific focus on query optimization.
• 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of developers and quality engineers. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
• State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
• Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers