Job Opportunity Relationship Banker, Lawrence, MA Relationship Banker, Lawrence, MA -1904336 Description
As a member of Santander-s retail banking division you-ll help serve Santander-s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander-s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Relationship Banker plays a key role within our Retail division and is responsible for delivering personalized financial strategies to clientele through banking and borrowing needs, as well as investment services. The primary objective of this trusted advisor is to grow client assets, retain and acquire new clients. This role will require a holistic delivery of outstanding service and sales solutions to meet client-s financial needs and goals.
- Attends and actively participates in weekly partnership meetings and joint calls with Branch partners.
- Creates customized solutions for new and existing clients in order to help them achieve their financial goals
- Engages customers in the lobby to assist, educate and train on how to conduct simple transactions through self-service technologies
- Ensures customers/clients are connected to the appropriate partner to help them achieve their financial goals, ensuring all sales, service and specialized needs are met, and helping to drive overall revenue growth.
- Increases profitability by sourcing new customers, prospecting via outbound calling, receiving referrals from centers-of-influence, lobby engagement, and via branch partners.
- Uses Explore process to acquire and deepen existing relationships.
- Proactively manages risk in every business, product and service transaction, leveraging available tools
- To assist you on your path you will be provided the opportunity to obtain the required Series 6 and 63 FINRA registrations and the, Life, Variable & Health Insurance Licenses. Your first 10 weeks with Santander Bank will be solely dedicated to studying for and obtaining these registrations and licenses. Registration sponsorship is subject to role requirements. To help you achieve success, we have partnered with an industry leader to provide a world class digital training platform and resources.
- Bachelor's Degree; in business management, finance, or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years; Experience selling products and/or services in an incentive based environment.,
- Six months of cash handling experience.
- Series 6, 63, and Life and Health obtained within first 10 weeks of hire
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment
- Ability to display a credible, trustworthy, and professional image at all times
- Ability to engage customers for long periods of time,
- Ability to identify specific knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory execution of the positions primary duties & responsibilities
- Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers with self-service needs,
- Ability to service and transition to appropriate business partners for execution
- Ability to understand and implement process and/or regulatory requirements during all interactions with customers (examples: Anti-Money Laundering, appropriate disclosures.),
- Actively use and leverage current technologies to better understand the technology solutions available to improve our customers financial lives
- Client prospecting and development, customer retention and needs analysis skills,
- Demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals,
- Excellent consultative skills,
- Excellent verbal communication and influence skills,
- Experience conducting consultative conversations in person and on the phone with proven close rates through a needs-based sales approach,
- Skilled at and/or aptitude for assessing customer/client needs, providing applicable solutions/recommendations, and building customer relationships based on mutual trust to optimize sales opportunities to new and existing customers/clients,
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong organizational and time management skills,
- Thrive on engaging with customers; can begin a conversation, handle objections, demonstrate patience to teach and so forth
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands, addresses customers- requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers- needs and meet commitments, assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers,
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process,
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of ones team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow,
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members
- Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work,
- Probes in-depth to understand the customers- business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria,
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments,
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Relationship Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Lawrence-460 South Union Street - 00861 - South Union - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Aug 13, 2019, 4:54:33 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Lawrence
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Justin-s Santander Steps
Discover how Justin-s career has progressed at Santander since he was hired as a Teller in 2014.
- Mitchell-s Santander Steps
From entry-level to company thought leader, find out how Mitchell-s career at Santander has grown.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Michael Cleary, Head of Consumer and Business Banking
-Our biggest challenge, and a critical priority internally, is how we can ...
- Santander Wins Digital Strategy Award
Santander's consumer technologies were recognized by Innovation Enterprise.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
- Lawrence, Massachusetts
- Lawrence, Massachusetts
- Methuen, Massachusetts
- Methuen, Massachusetts
- Town of Andover, Massachusetts
- Town of Andover, Massachusetts
Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
- New York, New York
- East Providence, Rhode Island
- Town of Norwood, Massachusetts
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click -Addâ? to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsCommercialComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Consumer and Business Banking, Lawrence, Massachusetts, United States
- Business Development, Lawrence, Massachusetts, United States