Use your technical writing skills to improve the readiness and effectiveness of todays warfighters. Translate technical complexity into actionable information that decision-makers, engineers, suppliers, installers, maintainers, and operators need to design, procure, field, and maintain complex military systems. Work as an integral part of delivering a customer-focused mission capability. Create technical documents for an Air Force networked system of systems composed of surveillance sensors, central command and control system, and uniformed operators. Use your creativity to create technical materials for todays military personnel using interactive, video, virtual and augmented reality, or other leading-edge approaches to maximize communication effectiveness. Utilize technical writing expertise as the Air Force fields new capabilities to protect personnel and assets. Turn technical documentation into meaningful communication and essential information that drives change.
- 2+ years of experience with technical writing, editing documentation
- Experience with creating complex technical documentation
- Ability to build highly varied documentation, including system design and installation descriptions, software development and implementation descriptions, DoD contract-related documents, and installation, maintenance, and operation manuals
- Ability to create Microsoft Word documents that are formatted and edited to professional standards
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with working on military projects or operations, uniformed or civilian
- Experience with creating and delivering complex technical documentation to industry or government
- Knowledge of DoD standard-format technical documents commonly required as deliverables in DoD 5000 product development or procurement contracts
- Knowledge of US military systems and operations
- Ability to use media other than non-interactive websites or print to effectively convey complex technical information, including an interactive website, video, and virtual and augmented reality.
- Ability to create formal technical documents using sources, including engineering and software artifacts, developer notes, technical reports, briefs, and interviews with technical staff
- Ability to edit and properly format the writing of other authors to create a technically and grammatically correct, professionally formatted document with a consistent and cohesive single-voice throughout
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in the military, technical, or liberal arts discipline
- Professional Technical Writing Certification
Data Privacy For more information on how Booz Allen uses your information, please see our .