Lead Software Engineer
- Marlborough, MA, USA Marlborough MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
As member of the Client Applications team, this individual will be responsible for designing and delivering complex technical solutions to meet the needs of our Sales, Client Servicing, and Product Management teams. Solutions focus around Customer Relationship Management (CRM), client report generation and delivery, management of content, and workflow management/automation.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to assimilate technical concepts quickly, manage multiple competing priorities and communicate and coordinate effectively across all levels of the firm. We are seeking a systems engineer with 7 plus years of experience, with strong a strong application development background through the full software development lifecycle, preferably in an agile environment. Furthermore, the candidate will need the ability to think both operationally and strategically.
Keys to this Position:
1. Technical Leadership: We are seeking a strong Software Engineering Lead, who can lead a development team of permanent employees and consultants with an onshore/offshore model.
2. Technology: This individual will lead a team but will also be hands-on with development and/or problem resolution in a variety of technical areas
- 5+ years of Enterprise Java software development experience - The candidate needs to have experience building enterprise applications with Java through the full Software Development Lifecycle, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience managing IT teams with a broad array of technical skills
- 3+ years of experience developing, deploying, securing and maintaining cloud hosted IT solutions including Salesforce or AWS
- Having experience working with both Salesforce and AWS technologies would be a big plus
- Technical curiosity and ability ramp up quickly in new areas such as machine learning/AI
3. Strong Communication skills are required.
4. Domain: Ideally we would like to have candidate with Financial Industry experience. We are open to all candidates regardless of their domain experience but they must be able to articulate the business problems they were working on.
5. Delivery: Candidate must show the ability to deliver application solutions to their respective business client.
6. Marlborough/Boston: The position is primarily based in Marlborough but the candidate will be expected to travel to Boston 1-2 times per week.
- 7+ yrs. of enterprise application development
- Proven track record of managing technical teams, products and projects
- 5+ yrs. experience programming with a Java EE framework (Struts, Spring etc.)
- 3 + yrs. experience building solutions on the Salesforce or AWS platforms
- Extensive understanding of OO design and programming, building MVC structured applications
- Experience with common front end technologies including modern JS libraries and CSS
- Strong background working with Oracle or any other relational database
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Computer Science
- Experience building solutions with AWS technologies including EC2, SNS/SQS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda etc.
- Experience with SharePoint, Alfresco or other content management technologies
- Industry domain experience in Financial Services
- Salesforce Developer or Advanced Developer Certification
Lead Software Engineer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .