Sr. Systems Analyst, Corporate Application Support
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION This Senior Systems Analyst function is a role, which requires a high level of interaction with the business, along with excellent analytical, communication, and troubleshooting skills.
This position will be supporting systems for the Finance, Tax and HR business areas including areas spanning revenue and invoicing, incentive compensation, financial planning and analysis, project costing and accounting applications. Experience with Revenue and Invoicing is a strong plus. This role demands a proactive approach to support with a self-starter attitude.
Key to this role is business communication, expectations management, prompt support, follow-ups and status reporting
- Provide comprehensive user support, particularly with respect to finance and human resource issues. Track, resolve, and report on support requests, in a timely and thorough manner. These include issues with Wellington applications, vendor hosted applications and batch processes.
- Establish and maintain effective client and vendor relationships by having a high degree of interaction with the end users.
- Oversee the resolution of moderate to complex problems that originate from members of the business. Work with contractor team members to ensure quality of output, ensure that tasks are performed according to standards, and identify areas for cross training and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Provide leadership as Incident Manager when necessary.
- At times, evening and weekend work may be required in order to provide routine revolving coverage, to address critical production issues, or to provide oversight in the areas owned for Firmwide initiatives disaster recovery testing, smoke testing or other off-hours activities.
- Work closely with business and IT teams to proactively identify opportunities for new and improved systems, as well as identifying gaps and minimizing incidents.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams like Desktop support team, InfoSec and onshore and offshore development teams.
- Take ownership of issues in a fast-paced production environment and collaborate with other teams on remediation and lead them through to completion.
- Review and document existing processes and propose process or system improvements to reduce support cost and/or streamline business processes and workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in IT industry. Experience from another asset manager or financial services firm supporting finance operations is a plus.
- Strong crisis and incident management skills with prior experience in a similar support role is a must
- Motivated, agile and able to work independently in a fast paced team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong client focus and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail and strong commitment to quality
- Working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL, Sql Server and associated tools
- Knowledgeable in SSO/SAML authentication, Active Directory, ftp/sftp concepts, Security in AWS as well as Share point, Jasper, Tableau etc.
- Prior hands-on experience in Perl scripting is a plus
- Experience with applications hosted on AWS is a strong plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree required, with a major in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Sr. Systems Analyst, Corporate Application Support JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .