RadiusSr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis Req ID: 2002591 Date posted 08/25/2020 Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis - 2002591 Description
· The Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis Is responsible for following procedures and practices, conducting or assisting in the documentation and research of basic financial analysis projects. S/he assists in the day-to-day preparation of standardized reports for the team.
· Analyzes key data during the execution of organizational projects aimed at improving efficiency and/or increase the Company's operating quality standards.
· Assists in the day-to-day preparation of financial planning, reporting, analytics, modeling, etc.
· Conducts research and analysis to provide management throughout the company with definitive financial data and advice for their use in setting and realizing profit objectives.
· Creates presentations, executive summaries and ad-hoc analysis for senior management.
· Follows standardized operating procedures and practices, conducts or assists in the documentation of simple financial analysis projects.,
· Liaisons with other department to access key business activity and information.
· Maintains financial statements and prepares special accounting reports for management or for regulatory agencies.
· Provides basic budget training and guidance to budget holders for assigned categories.
· Recommends and implements enhancements to reporting processes.
· Researches and evaluates financial alternatives, possible investments, or acquisition considerations.
· Researches material variances and completes monthly management and budget variance reporting for assigned categories.
· Supports FP&A team on special projects, analysis, and ad-hoc reporting.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
· Bachelor's Degree; in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
· 3-5 years; Financial planning, financial analysis, budgeting, or similar field
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to analyze and synthesize data that is visually appealing and effectively tells a clear story.
· Ability to focus on details.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and projects according to stakeholder and departmental priorities.
· Ability to work well with teams as well as independently.
· Basic knowledge of financial analysis and budgeting procedures.
· Detail oriented with ability to research, organize and analyze financial data.
· Excellent communications and organizational skills.
· Experience with budgets, planning, and forecasting
· Proficient data entry skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
· Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
· Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
· Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
· Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
· Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
· Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
· Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things done
· Actively contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussions
· Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
· Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
· Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
· Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
· Probes in-depth to understand the customer’s business needs
· Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
· Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
· Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
Who is Santander?
Learn how Santander Universities makes a positive impact on society.
Hear directly from our employees about working at Santander.
You currently have no jobs saved.Recent Jobs Work in Dorchester
Check out where you could be working if you apply.Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Confirm EmailFollow Us
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact