Senior Specialist, Business Management
Job Opportunity Sr. Specialist, Business Management Sr. Specialist, Business Management -1905532 Description As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. The Sr. Specialist, Business Management performs complex administrative duties and statistical, financial, or operational data analysis and reporting in support of management decision making in functional area. Identifies trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations. May partner with other departments, divisions, outside agencies, and vendors to address business issues. Responsibilities
- Conducts organizational studies, audits and evaluations, conducts work simplifications and measurement studies, and designs and administers surveys.
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root causes, and develops work products.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports.
- Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- Identifies barriers to quality services, compliance, or ineffective work processes, and creates plans, policies or regulations to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains broad system knowledge, stays current on all system enhancements, identifies training needs and implements plans.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects and assembles relevant data for said project(s).
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development, and implementation of new and modifications to existing applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities, products, and/or services.
- Performs data analysis and prepares presentations and/or publications of findings for the operation of a large or complex project, system, program, agency or function.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports.
- Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Provides expertise in development of business goals and objectives to exploit all distribution channels, leverage use of data, and simplify processes.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply Job : Business Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park Other Locations : New Jersey-Holmdel-101 Crawfords Corner Road - 06368 - Bell Works Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Oct 22, 2019, 3:49:51 PM
- Bachelor's Degree; in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience as an analyst or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience creating data & reporting strategies to include architecture.
- 3-5 years; Experience creating reporting in various tools.
- 3-5 years; Experience developing predictive analytics.
- 3-5 years; Expertise in analyzing data, creating visualization and translating into actionable intelligence.
- Advanced knowledge in a wide variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives and the development of management information requirements for related business functions.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Expertise in Business Objects reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking industry: products, services, operational policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Metric Stream Application,Solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Dorchester
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Corporate Management & Infrastructure, Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
- Corporate Management & Infrastructure, Holmdel Township, New Jersey, United States