Job Opportunity Branch Manager, Newton Center, MA Branch Manager, Newton Center, MA -2000552 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Manager, Branch Manager is responsible for the administration of sales, service, operational efficiency, risk applications, internal control and HR management activities to meet bank objectives for the branch. Incumbents develop a culture within the branch in which quality and continuous improvement on all performance accountabilities are understood and utilized by all team members. Ensures the team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships.
- Delivers exceptional customer service and coaches/ motivates team to deepen existing customer relationships and acquire new customers
- Directs the development, implementation and use of productive sales strategies and techniques, generating additional bank business through any mean or channel provided by the Company
- Focuses on increasing Bank products and services, sales and number of clients, by executing customized strategies related to people and client management
- Coaches and motivates branch team members
- Implements strategies to reduce overhead, and is responsible for managing branch Profit and Losses
- Manages performance of all branch staff
- Responsible for the hiring, retention, motivation, and success of branch colleagues across all job families within the branch
- Participates in branch functions and community activities to promote organization's image and growth ensuring that the Company maintains a strong local presence
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to make independent decisions and utilize sound judgment
- Ability to manage, supervise, instruct and coach
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of all Retail and Small business products and services and fluency in business acumen and in SME credit
- Consultative, team oriented sales personality with outstanding personal customer skills
- Demonstrates supervisory abilities to provide constructive and positive feedback and manage performance
- Demonstrates the ability to generate sales excitement and acts as a coach and mentor to the staff
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and competitive with proven leadership quality and very goal driven
- Meets compliance and audit requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Sound risk decision making skills and strong operational proficiency
- Understands all appropriate policies and procedures and process that impact work activities
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Addresses customers' requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Establishes rapport with all parties in an attempt to diffuse tension
- Confronts the issue, not the person
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply. Job : Sales Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Newton-780 Beacon Street - 00688 - Newton Centre - Branch Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Feb 3, 2020, 2:56:15 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Newton
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Justin’s Santander Steps
Discover how Justin’s career has progressed at Santander since he was hired as a Teller in 2014.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Mitchell’s Santander Steps
From entry-level to company thought leader, find out how Mitchell’s career at Santander has grown.
- Santander Wins Digital Strategy Award
Santander's consumer technologies were recognized by Innovation Enterprise.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAnalytics/Decision ScienceAnalytics/ReportingAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness Control OfficeBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsChrysler Capital SalesCollectionsCollege/InternshipsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ExperienceCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceFraud ManagementHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegalLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsOperations StrategyOperations SupportOriginationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementQuality ControlRiskRisk ManagementSalesSantander Bank or NYB/SIS EmployeesSC SalesTWAUnderwriting
- Consumer and Business Banking, Newton, Massachusetts, United States
- Business Development, Newton, Massachusetts, United States
- Bank Manager, Newton, Massachusetts, United States
- Santander Bank or NYB/SIS Employees, Newton, Massachusetts, United States