AVP, Application Development & SDLC Oversight, Enterprise Technolody Risk Management
Candidate Must Haves
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Tier 0/Tier 1 Applications (most critical technology assets), the business services and products (Payments, Clearing, Settlement at a Large Custody/Asset Servicing Financial Institution) supported by these applications, interdependencies and impacts
- Continuous assessment of the effectiveness and maturity of ADM risks and SDLC process including identification, reporting, planning, and resolution of risks.
- Deep dive technology risk assessments working with ADM and track key risk indicators.
- Enforce controls, monitor, report and aid in remediation of technology risks pertaining to State Street's Tier 0/Tier 1 Applications (most critical technology assets)
- Anticipate critical issues and risks; take responsibility for identifying or escalating key risks and impacts based on non-compliance with internal and external standards, assist ADM with planning and executing additional compensating controls, and participate in various decision making forums on risk appetite setting and risk acceptance
- Work collaboratively with the First Line of Defense as well as with Audit and other ERM functions to integrate reviews, controls testing, or on ETRM recommendations.
- Extract, analyze, synthesize, and report on information from various sources including Incident Management, Archer, change control, release plans, etc.
- Manage overall second line plan and issues repository and ensure tasks are completed by deadlines based on issue life cycle.
- Develop presentations for various technology and risk committees to highlight ETRM findings and recommendations.
- The ability to influence technology leaders about the need to embrace risk reduction initiatives and controls is key to success in this role
- Superior communication, interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and intergroup skills are critical
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of technology, development life cycle, change control processes, data resiliency, recovery exercises, technology architecture and risk management
- Ability to understand State Street's critical business services and how they are delivered via the Tier 0/T1 applications and map out interdependencies
- Self-Starter, Navigating on your own
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Financial, Consulting, or Technology Industries
- Experience with Risk Management, Technology Audits, Systems Development Life Cycle, application architectures, application deployment models
- Knowledge on Payments, Clearing and Settlement processes at a Custody/Asset Servicing bank
- Project/Program Management experience with PMP certification preferred
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or related or related major, CISA, CRISC or other risk management professional certifications preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Tools/Data Analytics/Dashboards is a plus
- Travel less than 10%