Complex Instrument Business Architect
State Street's Alpha Business Architecture team is seeking a versatile individual with senior business and data analysis skills for development and support of enhancing our services and product offerings. The candidate will be able to support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases in support of strategic initiatives impacting complex instruments from an Alpha Front to Back. Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases
- Project initiation and scoping- including definition of plans and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholders.
- Oversee business analysis and requirements definition.
- Support ongoing project management- including progress monitoring, reporting and quality assurance throughout the project.
- Build and manage strong relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and the Business. Manage competing priorities across these groups.
- Understand the firm's strategic plans, business, process and architecture in order to influence design and develop solutions.
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies.
- Minimum BS/BA degree required in Technology, Finance, Business, or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software applications analysis, software implementation and/or business analysis experience.
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: 'Big picture' understanding
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly. Knowledge of OTC derivatives and/or Bank Loan products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and/or management consulting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with clients and senior stakeholders
- Experience with designing new solutions by analyzing requirements, studying system capabilities, and writing detailed business requirements. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must.
- Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Knowledge of SDLC & Agile Methodology and tools
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, Project, and Visio is required
- SQL/database query skills a plus