Who we are looking for
Support to the Office of Chief Technology Officer/ Information Security to provide continuous protection of critical assets, data and technology. The DLP Investigator
will be responsible for monitoring all Data Loss Prevention/Protection events, complete detailed investigations, and escalation of all necessary events to appropriate L3 incident teams once determined as a true incident. What you will be responsible for
As a DLP Investigator,
What we value
- Perform Level 2 evaluation of DLP events escalated up and determine if a violation of corporate or client data policies has occurred
- Liaison between Level 1 DLP Triage team and Level 3 SOC/MSS teams regarding DLP events
- Confirm actions and next steps to handle new Incident in accordance with documented SOPs
- Identify all events to be relabeled as an Incident and escalate to Global Incident Management team (SOC, GIMT, Global SMEs) for handling and/or investigation
- Triage of events in DLP suite of tools including Symantec, SkyHigh and Zscaler, etc.
- Build partnerships with business partners and collaborate regarding user training and basic investigations
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of current data protection, information security and cyber security practices and techniques
- Proven ability to work well in a deadline-oriented environment
- Hands-on mentality, very good analytical capabilities with diligent work attitude
- In-depth knowledge and experience with triage on Symantec, SkyHigh, Zscaler, Voltage, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 8 to 10 years of senior triage/investigation analyst experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CCSE, VCP, CCDA, CCNA, Server+ certification desirable
- Familiarity with Security Control organizations such as NIST, CSA, CIS, ISO, FFIEC, etc.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers