Who we are looking for
Officer within the Derivatives COE is responsible for performing oversight of production activities to ensure deliverables are completed timely and accurately. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidate is expected to ensure prompt follow up on exception situations and facilitate timely problem resolution to mitigate risk and deliver excellent service to clients. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will
What we value
- Ensure team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines as set out in service level agreements
- Act as primary contact and key escalation point; provide technical expertise to resolve problems.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems, and processes. Assist with client conversions and projects
- Work with risk management and business control groups to identify and proactively resolve recurring client issues
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, particularly those to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, and deliver exceptional client service.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 4 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Knowledge of, or experience working with derivative products
- Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers