Derivatives, Senior Associate
Senior Associate within the Derivatives COE is responsible for performing oversight of production activities to ensure deliverables are completed timely and accurately. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidate is expected to ensure prompt follow up on exception situations and facilitate timely problem resolution to mitigate risk and deliver excellent service to clients. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for As Senior Associate you will
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ensure team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines as set out in service level agreements
- Act as primary contact and key escalation point; provide technical expertise to resolve problems.
- Assist the implementation of new funds, systems, and processes. Assist with client conversions and projects
- Work with risk management and business control groups to identify and proactively resolve recurring client issues
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Knowledge of, or experience working with derivative products
- Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.